Saturday, November 17, 2012

Praise Group Playlist - 10-28-12

In honor of Reformation Sunday, I tried to pick songs that depicted the solas of the Reformation: By grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone, to the glory of God alone.  Hence:

Prelude - Marvelous Grace of our Loving Lord (Trinity Hymnal page 465)
My Faith Has found a Resting Place (Trinity Hymnal page 468)
Nothing But the Blood (Trinity Hymnal page 307)
To God Be The Glory (Trinity Hymnal page 55)

(Note: service music picked by the pastor)
Quiet time - How Sweet the Sound of Jesus (Trinity Hymnal page 647)

Holy, Holy, Holy (Trinity Hymnal page 100)
I Stand in Awe (Mark Altrogge)

Offering - Holy Spirit Living Breath of God (Getty/Townend)
Response - Doxology

My Heart is Filled with Thankfulness (Getty/Townend)

May the Mind of Christ My Savior (Trinity Hymnal #644)

Doxology - Trinity Hymnal #98 - third verse

Postlude:  My Faith Looks Up to Thee (Trinity Hymnal #528)

On this Sunday, our guitar player was not available, but we were joined by a young lady on flute, which was a wonderful addition to the group, which was a cellist and myself on piano.

No comments: